Well Friends, we are 9 days into the New Year.
How is it going so far?
For me, I will joyfully say slow. I am actually writing this over my kids’ winter break on the couch in my pajamas with my kids playing nearby.
I took a full week off, no emails or heading into the office, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I need it. I am also spending all of January working on plans/goals/intentions for this year. I think taking my time to reflect on the lessons of 2018 while planning 2019 lays a strong foundation.
Here are some of my top highs & lows:
- My husband came on full time with me and allowed me real space to work on this new project.
- We lost Grandpa the Great, one of the most amazing men who taught me to be generous.
- I took real time off this summer and hung with my kids and spent time at the pool with new & old friends. It had been years since I allowed myself real summer fun.
- I had my story featured in Polly Magazine – whoa, so good and beautiful, pick up a copy TODAY!
- We took a family vacation to Chicago! We had a blast at a family wedding and of course, visited The Bean & The Nutella Store.
- I had emergency surgery. Nothing like an unexpected month off of work (thanks to my angry gallbladder) but how divine it all went and how the team held down all the things and didn’t miss a beat. Of course!
- I had great Grateful Gatherings and am so looking forward to expanding these in 2019.
- I launched this new website and it’s been one of the most powerful experiences for me.
I know that so much more happened last year. The connections and community are so amazing. As time goes flying by I am ever so grateful to slow down just enough to continue to capture these memories.
I would love to hear about some of your reflections of 2018 and of course what your goals and intentions are for the new year!